“EDGE is all about building a better Falls City and emblematic of a community investing in its future. It is an economic development public-private partnership with a tremendous record of achievement.”
Charles Radatz, Director of EDGE, Chair of Tri-State Corridor Alliance and Chair of Community Redevelopment Authority
Falls City Economic Development and Growth Enterprise (EDGE) is a 501(C)6 nonprofit, private corporation supported and funded by private and public member investors, including the City of Falls City, Richardson County, businesses and individuals. Click here for a current listing of EDGE member investors.
Working together as a private-public economic development team, our goal is to build a stronger, prosperous economy and growing job market. EDGE’s program of work is strategically focused on:
- Branding and marketing the greater Falls City area to create awareness and position it as a strategic business location
- Encouraging and facilitating the retention and expansion of existing businesses
- Attracting new business investments and quality employment opportunities
- Stimulating entrepreneurial growth and development
- Strengthening the competitiveness of the greater Falls City area business location product
We are also advocates for public policies that support growth and development in our area. View EDGE's public policy statements.
How You Can Get Involved
- Join the EDGE team. Learn more about EDGE and member investment opportunities and benefits. There are currently five investment levels, ranging from the $5,000 Visionary level to $100 for the Supporter (individual/nonprofit) level. Download information on private sector member investment levels and direct benefits.
- Share your expertise and talents. EDGE member investors are encouraged to participate in one of the three strategic action teams: Marketing and Sales, Product Development and Public Policy Advocacy and Investor and Community Relations. Special task forces also need assistance with addressing strategic priorities/issues.
- Help market and sell Falls City area business location opportunities. Talk up new developments and opportunities to your business associates, suppliers/buyers and others with a connection to the Falls City area/region, friends and family—encourage they visit the EDGE website to learn more. Refer business prospect leads to EDGE. You can be assured all leads/inquiries will be handled confidentially.
For more information on how you can get involved in EDGE, please contact us.
The Return on Investment
Business development creates jobs, expands the tax base and increases the demand for an array of goods and services. It has a rippling effect on the economic growth of all sectors of our economy. Every new primary job that comes to a community brings with it a significant amount of other business. A new worker will eat at restaurants, use banking and healthcare services, refuel an automobile, purchase a house, buy groceries and a wide variety of other items, may send a child to school, use accounting services, request legal advice or enjoy recreational facilities—increasing the economic well being of the area. And each primary job will create indirect jobs—waiters, store clerks, hospital workers, bankers and other services positions and will create revenue above and beyond its wage rates.
To learn more about EDGE's return on investment to the community, download our recent investor reports listed below:
- 2016 EDGE Annual Report
- 2015 EDGE Annual Report
- 2014 EDGE Annual Report
- 2013 EDGE Annual Report
- 2012 EDGE Annual Report
- 2011 EDGE Annual Report
- 2010 EDGE Annual Report
- 2009 EDGE Annual Report
- 2006-09 Milestones: Marketing our Journey on the Economic Development Road to Success
- EDGE Private Sector Investor Opportunities
View Our 2014 Annual Report
It is with great pleasure that we present the 2014 Annual Report of Falls City Economic Development and Growth Enterprise (EDGE). As you can see, we have realized another successful year on the economic development front with the area realizing some great projects in 2014. Learn More