Falls City is a progressive, business-friendly community. Employers enjoy unsurpassed public-private cooperation. Falls City Economic Development and Growth Enterprise (EDGE) and the City are committed to making Falls City one of the most competitive business locations in the Midwest. You'll also find the State of Nebraska offers a favorable, pro-business climate.
Highlights of the Nebraska Tax Structure
- Sales-only formula used to calculate corporate income tax liability
- No state property tax
- No inventory tax
- No personal property tax on intangibles
- No sales tax on raw materials when used as ingredients or component parts in manufacturing operations
- No sales tax on sales of energy for processing or manufacturing purposes
- No sales tax on water used exclusively in manufacturing and processing
- No sales tax on qualified agricultural machinery and equipment
- No sales tax on manufacturing machinery, equipment, and related services
- Sales and use tax refunds are available on qualified air and water pollution control equipment
- Sales and use tax refunds are available on property qualifying for certain investment incentives
- Sales and use tax refunds for data center and cloud computing operations
- Personal property tax exemptions for data center and cloud computing operations
Nebraska businesses enjoy low unemployment insurance rates compared to the national average. Rates are dependent on the benefit experience of individual employers. The new employer rate for a non-construction employer is 2.50% and the taxable wage base is $9,000. For more information, visit the Nebraska Department of Labor's website.
Employers also benefit from comparatively low workers' compensation premium rates. For more information, visit the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court website.
Nebraska is a right-to-work state. Membership or payment of union dues or fees cannot be a condition of employment, either before or after hiring.
The new $21 million dollar medical facility opened its doors in the fall of 2009. The 68,000 sq. ft. facility includes 24 single-occupancy patient rooms, a state-of-the-art surgery suite, private specialty clinics, two delivery rooms with maternity suites and the Family Medicine Clinic. Learn More.