Mid-America Rail Campus Has Access to Utility Infrastructure Needs
The City of Falls City (City) receives its electric energy and capacity requirements from three wholesale providers: Western Area Power Administration (WAPA), Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) and the Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska (MEAN). The State of Nebraska approved a $15m bill, specific to Falls City, to upgrade the electrical infrastructure and power the Mid-America Rail Campus.
Utility Infrastructure for the Megasite
- Electricity provided by Falls City Utilities via Omaha Public Power District
- Natural gas provided by Falls City Utilities
- Water provided by Rural Water District #2
- Sewer provided by Falls City Utilities
- Telecommunications provided by Southeast Nebraska Communications
- A new emerging utility is Carbon Sequestration and there are two pipelines planned within 100 miles of the site.