Falls City Economic Development and Growth Enterprise, Inc. (EDGE) Seeking an Executive Director
Saturday, January 09, 2021
Falls City Economic Development and Growth Enterprise, Inc. (EDGE) is seeking an Executive Director to coordinate and direct economic development efforts in Falls City/Richardson County. The successful candidate will report to an eighteen-member Board of Directors and have the ability to work with public and private sector representatives to develop and implement business retention/recruitment and revitalization strategies as well as workforce development and housing efforts in a rural setting.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the Greater Falls City business location product “sales manager” working with new businesses, retention/expansion and entrepreneurial clients to provide client-driven site location services including responding effectively to business development leads and specific requests for location information, developing location/expansion proposals, hosting prospect “fact finding” site visits and facilitating the “sale.”
- Prepare prospect proposals identifying and packaging local and state business growth tax, business assistance, and financial incentives programs.
- Understand regulatory, regional and national business and community issues affecting the region’s competitiveness, communicate about those issues, and contribute to creative solutions.
- Write and administer grants.
- Engage federal and state legislators, state agencies and local officials to maintain funding levels for economic development in Falls City/Richardson County.
- Work closely with federal agencies such as USDA, Rural Development, the Economic Development Agency, SBA, FEMA, and others.
- Manage projects, which are sometimes intense and time sensitive.
- Coordinate events such as workshops, annual meetings, strategic planning, ground breakings/ribbon cuttings and other committee meetings.
Prefer candidates with a degree in Business, Community Development, Public Administration or a related field, and/or have an adequate number of years of relevant experience. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and professional references via email to EDGE President, Rod Rowland at email@example.com. Application materials need to be submitted by 5:00 PM February 12, 2021.